This is a simple Oriental chicken dish that you can whip up in about half an hour. Works as a great complement to the Japanese Okra Salad, or on its own with boiled or steamed rice.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable/sunflower oil
- Two chicken breast fillets (300g)
- 1 onion, chopped up
- 1 red chilli, chopped up
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped up
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- dash of oyster sauce (optional)
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a sauce pan. Add the onion and fry for one minute.
- Throw in the garlic, chilli and black pepper, and then cook for one minute.
- Add the chicken, soy sauce and bell pepper strips, and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked.
- Stir all the ingredients together and add a dash of oyster sauce if desired.
Serve with warm steamed rice.