A cheeseburger may not be everyone's idea of a healthy meal, but if you do make your own burger patties, you can not only control what actually goes into them, but also cook them on a grill to reduce the amount of fat that you eventually consume.
- 1 red onion
- 400g minced beef
- 1 egg
- Chop the onion up into small pieces. Add to the minced beef in bowl, then crack the egg open and mix together.
- Divide the mixture into six. Carefully roll each portion into a small ball with your hands. Set in the palm of one hand and squeeze down to flatten into patties.
- Put on a plate or tray and cover with cling film. Allow to cool in a fridge for at least an hour.
- Once the patty has firmed up, you can cook them by either frying in a pan or on the grill.
- Serve in a bun, with garnish of your choice (e.g. lettuce, tomato slices, gherkins).